"I will praise the Lord who counsels me.
Even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the Lord always before me,
Because He is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken."
-Psalm 16:7
This morning I was awakened by the sound of clanging bells, and sunshine streaming through the window. After checking my watch that is one hour off, I hopped out of bed and raced to put clothes on. Then after grabbing a banana and greeting Madame, I took Nina for a walk. The reason for my hurridness this morning has simply been that we have had rather crappy weather in the two weeks that I have been here. When exclaimed to Madame that there was finally sunshine, she said "Oui, tres miracle." (Yes, its a miracle. Nina and I walked through a little trail that leads to the lake, and then walked alongside the lake.
I have realized how big living by a body of water is important to me. I love living by a beach, or a lake, and I've realized that when I was in Washington D.C I did not have that, whereas here in Geneva I am very blessed to be living by one. I spent a good part of the morning trying to find a template for my blog, and this is the one that I've settled on because of my love for the water. Or, rather, my love of living by the water. I think that it is so important to me because my best times have been by the lake. When I have troubling thoughts, or need to just get away for some peace and quiet, I go to the beach by our house, and walk alongside the lake. When taking Buster or Bella on walks, one of our frequent stops is the beach, where they will race alongside the water, and you can tell they enjoy just being alive.
While on walks by the lake, its really a place where I can hear God's voice, and where we have our most intimate conversations. What I have told a friend recently that I am right now in a relationship with God, and am pursing that. To be utterly honest, its been hard while here in Switzerland to concentrate on that, and so I've been taking more active steps to continue that relationship, by reading the Bible more than once a day, memorzing Scripture, and listening to sermons from back home. Something else that I have battling is trying to value God's opinion over man's. The walk this morning was refreshing in that I was able to ask God for help on refocusing, and just be still.
Well, thanks to those that read this post that had nothing to do with traveling or Switzerland. This week we travel to Lugano (the Italian-speaking part of Switzerland) so I'll be sure to share news about that. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment